Operational Analysis Consultant
Salary: Negotiable plus benefits, pension (7% contribution), 25 days holiday & life insurance
We are looking for consultants with a range of levels of experience. We are a small but rapidly growing consultancy, owned by four highly experienced and recognised practitioners in UK Defence consultancy. We are looking for candidates with a mix of technical expertise and interpersonal skills, able to work independently or in small teams. We are looking for candidates who are able to help the company grow, and can offer exciting opportunities for those with the drive to develop their own skills and those of the company. We offer competitive salaries and packages, and the opportunity for rapid advancement for the right candidates.
The Role: As an Operational Analysis Consultant, you will be providing the evidence to help the UK MOD and industry make better decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering technical consulting projects.
- Building new relationships and maintaining current customer relationships.
- Applying OA methods to tackle real world problems, applying tools and techniques, and developing novel approaches where required.
We are looking for a range of experience:
- Consultants: 2+ years’ experience, including delivering qualitative and/or quantitative analysis;
- Senior Consultants: 5+ years’ experience, including delivering analysis programmes and, delivering innovative approaches;
- Principal Consultants: 10+ years’ experience, with extensive experience of leading analysis, leading teams, delivering innovative approaches and / or winning work.
- Operational Analysis to support business decision making, policy development, and / or research, including both ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ techniques (problem structuring and modelling).
- Development and use of analytical methods and models.
- Building customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Supporting and leading authoring of technical reports and presenting to customers.
- Experience working with Defence Digital, DE&S, Dstl, Frontline Commands or UK Defence industry.
- Strong background in MS Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Process and conceptual mapping (e.g. influence diagrams)
- Benefits analysis
- Simulation (System Dynamics or Discrete Event Simulation)
- Designing and facilitating workshops (including MJPs)- Historical Analysis
- Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis languages (VBA, SQL, R, Python),
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis (CEA) and Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA)
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body (such as APM, PMI) and have a desire for further professional development.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level, or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.