Systems Engineering Consultant/Defence Analyst – Space Systems
Salary: £50-70K plus benefits, pension (7% contribution and Life insurance)
We seek an experienced Systems Engineer / Defence Analyst to undertake systems engineering consultancy on key Ministry of Defence (MOD) programmes. You will have a background preferably in Space Systems and C4ISTAR engineering, with a sound understanding of scientific and mathematical techniques and the proven ability to develop technical solutions to business problems. Candidates will require expertise in some or all of the following skills:
- Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Space Systems development or Space Systems Operation
- ITiL or eTOM
- European Cooperation for Space Standardization (ECSS) Standards useful
- Defining, analysing and documenting requirements (incl. use of DOORS)
- Tools and techniques to develop concepts and architectural solutions including MODAF
- Satellite Systems Toolkit (STK)
- Technology and capability roadmapping
- Stakeholder engagement and workshop facilitation
Desirable candidates will have at least 5 years of relevant expertise to support its growing operations in the South/South West, with successful candidates able to work from home or on client sites.
Successful candidates will have the experience or aspirations to undertake demanding consultancy assignments, with the flexibility to work for a rapidly growing company.
The role(s) are permanent with excellent opportunities for career development. There is a three-month probationary period.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.