Salary: £60-80K plus benefits, pension, 25 days holiday
We are looking for a talented, passionate, forward-thinking and highly motivated individual to join a growing management and technical consultancy and progress based on project delivery.
The Role: As a Project Manager you will be reporting vital project management information to clients, company directors and staff
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a range of Frameworks and Projects predominantly within the Defence environment
- Defining the project objectives and overseeing quality control throughout its lifecycle.
- The end to end management of Technical projects according to best practice principles by planning, executing and closing projects according to strict deadlines and timescales.
- Delivering of projects to time and cost budgets
- Support the project teams through review of plans and proposals ensuring value for money and ensuring delivery of plans is as required.
- Building new relationships and maintaining successful working relationships with our current customers.
- Maintain working relationships with your project teams and third-party suppliers.
- Identifying and winning work in line with the company business objectives.
- Working organically in customer teams to deliver rapid turn-around projects, or to plan and deliver tasks.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following essential and desirable attributes:
- This role requires a technically astute Project Manager who can make a real difference
- working in a dynamic, ever changing environment.
- Possess superior Project Management skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Previous experience managing multiple concurrent technical projects through the full lifecycle.
- Good knowledge of PRINCE2 and Agile Project Management
- Project Management Qualifications e.g. PRINCE2 and Agile Project Management
- Be organised and ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Strives to deliver ahead of targets.
- Be a trusted self-motivated individual who can perform when working as part of a team or when acting independently with support from colleagues.
- Be dependable, committed and have a genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the growth of a successful business.
- Be articulate with good presentation skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Have a Defence operator/practitioner background
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body (such as APM, PMI) and have a desire for further professional development.
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level, or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.