We are looking for talented, forward-thinking, and highly motivated project managers to work in dynamic and agile project environments across defence and non-defence projects and programmes.
Salary: Negotiable plus benefits, pension (7% contribution), 25 days holiday & life insurance
The Role: As a Project Manager you will be reporting vital project management information to clients, company directors and staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects predominantly within the Defence and non-defence environments.
- Defining project objectives and overseeing quality control throughout its lifecycle.
- Delivering the end-to-end management of technical projects according to best practice principles by planning, executing, and closing projects according to strict deadlines and timescales.
- Delivering projects to time, cost budgets and quality.
- Providing effective stakeholder management, communications management, risk management, resource management, scheduling and monitoring and reporting on projects.
- Supporting project teams through review of plans and proposals ensuring value for money and ensuring delivery of plans is as required.
- Building new relationships and maintaining successful working relationships with our current customers.
- Maintaining working relationships with your project teams and third-party suppliers.
- Identifying and winning work in line with the company business objectives.
- Working organically in customer teams to deliver rapid turn-around projects, or to plan and deliver tasks.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following essential and desirable attributes:
- A technically astute Project Manager who has demonstratable experience operating in a range of project environments of varying scales.
- Be able to adapt and provide flexibility in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Possess demonstratable technical project management skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Previous experience managing multiple concurrent technical projects through the full lifecycle.
- APM or equivalent project management qualifications with substantial knowledge of agile project management.
- Be organised and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated professional who strives to deliver ahead of targets.
- Ability to utilise IT effectively as project management related software and systems.
- Be articulate with good presentation and communication skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Strong facilitation skills and adept at resolving conflict and negotiating with project stakeholders to ensure progress is maintained.
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body (such as APM, PMI) and have a desire for further professional development.
- Educated to degree level, and/or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Have practitioner experience in defence or non-defence environments.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency.